- What is YOU?
- Why be a part of YOU?
- What activities are offered?
- What is "Rally" and "Conference"?
- How Do I become a member?
What is YOU?
The Youth of Unity (YOU) is a group of high school-aged teens, 14-18 years old, who come together to learn Unity principles and spiritual practices, serve the community and church through community service projects and volunteering, bond and create friendships through social activities and interaction and participate in fundraising activities and tithing. Currently our group includes 12 and 13 year olds also. Our local YOU chapter is part of the West Central Region YOU and is officially chartered through the Association of Unity Churches.
- To discover, explore and develop your inner Christ potential in an atmosphere of openness, freedom, and unconditional love.
- To discuss with other Truth-oriented teens the challenges that everyone faces in growing up, becoming independent and understanding about family dnamics and teamwork.
- To have fun, plan activities, and serve others with a group of accepting friends.
- To participate in local, Regional and International gatherings where you can meet and get to know other teenagers from Unity Churches in your city, region and from all over the world.
What activities are offered?
All YOU activities are designed to create a balance of individual study, spiritual lessons, service and fellowship that involve, motivate, and stimulate young people to be an expression what we all are in reality Children of God.
- Spiritual: Each Sunday a spiritual lesson is offered to assist the YOU'ers in the understanding of spiritual laws and their practical application to daily life. Time is also spent in prayer and meditation to develop the consciousness of Oneness. Regional rallies are held twice a year and an International rally is held once a year at Unity Village in Missouri. Rallies allow for extended times to meet and grow spiritually with other YOU'ers in our region and world.
- Service: YOUers conduct projects to assist their church and community. A service project is a donation of time, love, and energy to accomplish a good service for others. Each year we design service projects depending upon the needs of our chapter (church) and community. Specific service projects include Earth Day, Make A Difference Day, and Random Acts of Kindness Week.
- Social: YOUers believe in celebrating life and appreciating the joy of togetherness. YOUers take a leadership role in creating fun activities by planning, fundraising, and participating in YOU events. These experiences provide an opportunity to practice spiritual principles as they apply to the interactions of daily life. It is a loving place to build friendships, build self-esteem, and just have a great time learning and growing together.
- Fundraising: YOUers raise money for all or part of their registration fees to rally as well as chapter social events. 10% of all money raised is tithed to an organization of the YOUers choice.
What is "Rally" and "Conference"?
Each Unity church sponsors their own YOU chapter. At least once a year, all the chapters in a YOU region come together for a weekend retreat called a rally. Rallies feature family workshops that build bonding, leadership, and self-esteem. Concerts, speakers, and election of regional officers are also part of the rally program.
International YOU Conference is held each summer at Unity headquarters at Unity Village, Missouri, for seven days. It is a time when chapters from all over the world join together for fun, fellowship, prayer, inspiration, and election of international representatives.
Students between the ages of 12 and 18 may participate in the Unity in the Gold Country teen program but you must be 14 years old, or a 13-year-old enrolled in high school, to participate in regional and international events.