UNITY IN THE GOLD COUNTRY
POSITION: SPECIAL EVENTS VOLUNTEER
PURPOSE: To assist the Ministry in hosting special events when required
SCHEDULE: Time allotted varies depending on size and scope of individual event
REPORTS TO: Volunteer Coordinator
1. Meet with Minister to discuss the proposed event and all pertinent details including any financial details and advertising required, completing any contracts that may be involved in hosting the event.
2. Calendar the event on UGC center calendar via Office Manager/ Ministerial Assistant.
3. Recruit volunteers as needed; hold organizing meeting with them as required and supervise them until project is completed.
4. Assign and delegate tasks to volunteers based on their abilities.
5. Be present for the actual hosting of the event.
6. Following the event get feedback from volunteers and write up a brief report based on the feedback that is shared.
SPECIAL SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Poise and ability to be a supporting presence for volunteers; a calm disposition in the event of any mishaps or people not following through; , clear and concise writing skills; ability to set up and follow through with master plan . People skills – ability to communicate well with volunteers, flexibility in managing volunteer assignments, genuine appreciation of volunteers time and efforts and communication of this.
COMMENTS: You will be provided specific training by the Minister and a detailed written script. This position is essential to the smooth functioning of the Sunday Service and a good rapport with the Minister is essential.
COMPLETED BY: Rev Jerry DATE: 8/28/13
(Pats Docs/Volunteer Information/Volunteer Position – Platform Assistant)